Thursday, January 10, 2013

We're on a break

 I'm taking a therapist-recommended dating hiatus.  I'm not sure what it entails, but I get to make the rules.
  1. Only log into OkCupid to see incoming messages; no sending messages preemptively
  2. Do not go out with a guy who doesn't ask properly.  Since Sanfranista wondered what I mean, it's showing respect for my time.  "Hey Sabrina, what are you doing next Friday, would you like to have coffee?"  It does not mean an 11pm text asking if I want to meet up.  
  3. No approaching men at parties and bars
  4. Staying in on a Saturday night is not condemning me to a life of spinsterhood. I am not missing the opportunity to meet my potential husband.  Keep reminding myself that.   
  5. No drunk texting, which easy enough since everyone's deleted from my phone
Funny Flirting Ecard: I know I'm single Doesn't mean I'm available.

8 comments:

  1. Right on. Also, anyone who gets all pissy because you already have plans (ie: weren't waiting on pins and needles for him to ask you out) isn't worthy of a date from you (IMO). #3 made me LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. If anything it will help with your perspective on the whole dating thing.

    Trust me, nobody ever died from staying home on a Saturday night ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly, Ash - staying home on a Sat night will save me $ and empty calories (in which I do not count chocolate or baguettes) :)

    Obx - guys have gotten so spoiled by women willing to see them last-min! Not this girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah just think of all the money you'll save!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dating hiatus is great! It's imporant to take time out to relax and think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kind of love staying home on saturday nights, LOL. However, I think I may have veered too far in the antisocial direction lately. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recommend getting rid of all online dating.. Give it a break for a couple of months.. You might not realize how depressing it is while you are part of the "movement." I made it a point to shamelessly flirt with at least 3 men daily.. Make other goals to replace your online dating.. It will definately make you happier in the long run..

    ReplyDelete

Speak now or forever hold your peace.