Monday, March 10, 2014

Vulnerability > Fear

After my week plus of travel, finally met up with CF yesterday.  While the usual frustrations of slow communication persist, I have not (yet) brought it up, and until I do, I need to stop complaining. 

On the positive side, he pinged me the morning of our date to ask me what time I wanted to meet and to tell me he was thinking of fun activities. 

We drove down the coast to have a late lunch at an ocean-side restaurant.  Afterwards, we walked along the slightly treacherous rocky coast.  While I'd expect 95% of gentlemen to behave this way, it was sweet the way he offered to go first and make sure the rocks were stable, and continued to hold out his hand to help me along.

Before he left my apartment that evening, he asked me to hang out again later this week.  And in the spirit of not playing games, I'm fairly certain I'll be contacting him first that day to figure out timing.

I've realized I need to stop being too scared to enjoy this.  I must not worry about: how it may end, how I could get really hurt, and that I might one day regret feeling optimistic.  Whatever happens, I refuse to feel foolish for liking a boy and giving things a chance!  Vulnerability > Fear.

6 comments:

  1. Agreed. Let yourself be you and develop naturally. However, if you guys are not committed to each other yet, I would try and date more than just him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have a good attitude here. Enjoy it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw this title I thought that you had finally gotten over your fears and brought up your concerns with him.... :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Workin' on it, Anonymous! Shame on me. :/

      Delete
  4. I think you mean that you're not going to worry in order to allow yourself to avoid making any demands on his discourteous behavior. I am no expert but of all things to be on the same page about In a relationship, communication and communication style are high up there.

    You'll enjoy yourself more in the long run if you bring it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I mean I'm not going to be so afraid of things ending or him disappearing. That in my head, I'm going to stop acting like it's already over.

      Delete

Speak now or forever hold your peace.